Availability: All year round
Summer Departure(s): 9.00am, 10.30am
Winter Departure(s): 9.30am
Trip duration: Full Day
Ideal for: Walking in the heart of the Park
Activity level: Moderate
Cruise info: Marahau/Kaiteriteri to Bark Bay: 1 hr or Onetahuti 1 hr 15 min & Awaroa to Marahau/Kaiteriteri 1 hr 30 min
Walk info: Bark Bay to Awaroa: 3 hrs or Onetahuti to Awaroa: 1 hr
Catch a morning water taxi into the Park, walk a section of the Coastal Track enjoying the Abel Tasman’s incredible beaches before returning on an afternoon water taxi. There are two walking options for this trip depending on how much of the Coastal Track you would like to walk.
- Option 1 – the shorter walk option. We drop you at Onetahuti for a 1 hour walk to Awaroa.
- Option 2 – the longer walk option. We drop you at Bark Bay for a 3 hour walk to Awaroa.
What’s included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Water taxi fares
- Water taxi from Marahau/Kaiteriteri to Bark Bay (or Onetahuti)
- Walk from Bark Bay (or Onetahuti) to Awaroa
- Water taxi from Awaroa to Marahau/Kaiteriteri
For group bookings requiring transport between Nelson, Motueka and Marahau please give us a call on 0800 80 80 18 to add bus transfers to your booking.
Environmental Access Fee (EAF)A portion of your ticket price goes directly towards preserving the unique environment you will enjoy on your trip in the Abel Tasman. This includes the compulsory concession fees paid to the Department of Conversation as well as voluntary contributions to local organisations and projects to improve the environment, ecology and access to the national park.
Learn More >>